- Become a Lawyer
- Application & Admission
- Bar Admission Program
- Bar Call & Enrolment
- General Process
- Visiting Lawyers
- Membership Services
- Billing Cycles, Filing Deadlines and Other Key Dates
- Status Options & Contact Information Changes
- Making a Payment to the Law Society
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Practice Management Consultations
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Forms & Certificates
One of the ways the Law Society fulfills its mandate to protect the public is to support you as lawyers in providing quality legal services to your clients. We want to ensure that all lawyers are able to realize their potential and provide competent and ethical legal services to their clients.
One method we use to accomplish this mandate is to offer practice management consultations to lawyers. Working one-on-one with our staff allows you to identify potential areas of risk before problems develop and client relations suffer. We can help you in a wide variety of areas, including:
- File management,
- File-recall strategies,
- Timekeeping options,
- Use of technology,
- Billing and finances,
- Organization and growth,
- Business planning and more.
All of this assistance is offered free of charge.
When you sign up, a member of the Practice Management team will meet with you over the course of several months to assist you in addressing problems and improving your office procedures and practices.
We welcome all practitioners, wherever you are in your career, to request a consultation.