- Learning Centre
- Lawyer Programs
- Key Resources
- Legal Practice
- Continuous Improvement
- Cultural Competence & Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Lawyer-Client Relationships
- Practice Management
- Retirement Guide
- Business Continuity and Succession Plan Guide and Checklist
- Practice Management Assessment Tool
- Professional Conduct
- Professional Contributions
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Disaster Planning and Recovery
- Student Resources
- Public Resources
- Upcoming Events
- Media Room
- Latest from the Law Society
SoloNet has become a trusted online network for sole and small firm practitioners to share professional knowledge, ideas and experience.
You as a lawyer can use SoloNet in a variety of ways:
- To share practice advice, fraud tips, risk assessment advice, etc.
- To discuss experiences, problems, ideas, etc. with lawyers in similar practice settings
- As a resource for law-related professional referrals.
If you are practicing on your own, in a smaller firm anywhere in Alberta, or are a student completing your articles with a small firm or sole practitioner, please complete the registration request.
While the Law Society hosts SoloNet as a proactive resource, forum discussions remain independent of the regulatory function of the Law Society of Alberta and are not monitored. The Office of the Practice Advisor acts as a conduit, as necessary, if there is important information or collective feedback that needs to be shared.
If you have any questions, please email us.