- Membership Services
- How to Become a Member in Alberta
- Fees & Refunds
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Status & Contact Information Changes
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Internationally Trained Lawyers
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Forms for Lawyers
- Student Services
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Practice Management Consultations
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Making A Payment
The Alberta Lawyer’s Professional Liability and Misappropriation Indemnity Group Policy (the “Group Policy”) is newly issued for each policy year (July 1 to June 30).
It is a requirement of the Group Policy that all claims or potential claims be reported to ALIA during the policy period. Please ensure that any claims or potential claims are reported to ALIA on or before the last day of the policy year, June 30. When the policy period expires, ALIA, as the Indemnifying Party, shall be free from liability for any claims or potential claims not made and reported during the policy period. The Group Policy sets out when a claim is considered to be made and reported and you should ensure you understand your claim reporting obligations.
You should ensure you are referring to the correct policy as the terms and conditions of the Group Policy may be revised in respect of any policy year.
If you require a copy of earlier Group Policies please submit your request in writing to the Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association.