- About Us
- Executive Leadership Team
- Board & Committees
- Key Initiatives
- Indigenous Initiatives
- Indigenous Land Acknowledgements
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission Call to Action #27
- Indigenous Initiatives Liaison
- Indigenous Advisory Committee
- Indigenous Law Student Summer Employment Program
- Indigenous Law Mentorship Program
- COVID-19 Updates
- Indigenous Initiatives
- Annual & Financial Reports
- Strategic Plan
- Awards & Scholarships
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
The Law Society recognizes Alberta Lawyers who achieve 30 and 50 years of service milestones.
Under the Recognition of Service Program, Alberta lawyers who reach:
- Thirty years of service will receive a frameable letter from the Law Society in February of the year following the anniversary of their call to the Alberta Bar.
- Fifty years of service will be invited to attend a dinner with the Law Society of Alberta Benchers in either Calgary or Edmonton. Recipients will also receive a framed certificate and letter from the Law Society.
Thirty and 50 year milestone recipients will be listed on a Recognition of Service page on our website that will be updated in February of each year.
30 Year Recipients
The 30 Year Recognition of Service Program honours the contributions of active lawyers in Alberta who have reached 30 years of service in the legal profession. As the 30 year recipients celebrate this significant milestone in their careers, we thank each of them for their continued dedication and commitment.
Congratulations to all of the 30 year recipients. View the 2019 Recipients.
50 Year Recipients
The 50 Year Recognition of Service Program honours long-standing active lawyers in Alberta for their contributions to the legal profession. Achieving 50 years of service in the profession is a significant accomplishment and one that we celebrate.
As the 50 year recipients celebrate this significant milestone in their careers, we thank each of them for their professionalism, service and commitment to the legal profession.
Congratulations to all of the 50 year recipients. View the 2019 Recipients.
Eligibility for Recognition
Alberta lawyers are recognized based on years since the anniversary of their Bar call year. They must be active on December 31 of their Bar call anniversary year to be recognized.
If you have questions about the eligibility for Recognition of Service Program, please do not hesitate to contact us.