- Become a Lawyer
- Visiting Lawyers
- Membership Services
- Billing Cycles, Filing Deadlines and Other Key Dates
- Status Options & Contact Information Changes
- Fees & Refunds
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Practice Management Consultations
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Making A Payment
- Forms & Certificates
PC Renewal FAQs
1.How do I get a PC permit/receipt for a renewal year prior to 2016?
Contact Membership Services in writing and one will be sent.
2. Can you provide me with a copy of my current PC permit renewal?
We no longer send copies of current invoices and/or permits, you must log into your lawyer portal to obtain a copy.
3. I no longer require my PC and do not wish to renew, what do I do?
Contact Membership Services in writing advising you would like to terminate your PC, and provide an effective date.
4. Why can’t I pay for my renewal?
You will be unable to pay until you have completed the renewal by certifying and confirming the appropriate information. This can be done under the PC Renewal Tab.
5. I paid for my renewal but the invoice is still showing as outstanding, why is this?
You will have to wait for the payment to be processed and applied to your account. Processing time is 3-5 business days after payment has been remitted.
6. Can I pay my PC registration fee by credit card?
No, permit renewal fees can be paid by Electronic Bill Payment (EBP)
7. Can I change the name of my PC through the portal?
No. Please submit the form Approval of Articles of Incorporation along with the corporate registry form “Articles of Amendment” for approval.
8. None of my information has changed; can I just pay the renewal?
You must ‘confirm and certify’ at the bottom of the renewal in order to proceed to the invoice.
9. Why is there duplicate information showing?
If you have refreshed the page after saving any new information, this will create a duplicate (Any refresh will redo what was just done). They must contact Membership Services to have the extras removed.
10. How can I print a copy of my Renewal Form 8-2?
Once you have certified and confirmed, you can obtain a copy of the form for your records by selecting the print option next to the confirm button.