- Become a Lawyer
- Visiting Lawyers
- Membership Services
- Billing Cycles, Filing Deadlines and Other Key Dates
- Status Options & Contact Information Changes
- Fees & Refunds
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Practice Management Consultations
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Making A Payment
- Forms & Certificates
1. How do I get a LLP certificate/receipt for a renewal year prior to 2016?
Contact Membership Services in writing and one will be sent.
2. Can you provide me with a copy of my current LLP permit renewal?
We no longer send copies of current invoices and/or certificates, you must log into your lawyer portal/ or the admin portal to obtain a copy.
3. Why can’t I pay for my renewal?
You will be unable to certify payment until you have completed the renewal by certifying and confirming the appropriate information. This can be done under the LLP Renewal Tab.
4. I paid for my renewal but the invoice is still showing as outstanding, why is this?
You will have to wait for the payment to be processed and applied to your account. Processing time is 3-5 business days after payment has been remitted.
5. Can I pay my LLP application fee by credit card?
No, certificate renewal fees must be paid by Electronic Bill Payment (EBP).
6. Can I change the name/address of my LLP through the portal?
No. Please submit a request in writing to Membership Services to change the name.
7. The lawyer I would like to add is not listed on the partner drop down menu:
This is most likely either because their contact information is not up to date, or they have their personal address marked as their default address for mail. Please have them contact Membership Services to update.
8. When is a Partner Contact used?
In the instance that the Partner Rep and all the Partners of an LLP are PC’s, a Partner contact must be selected. Please note that the partner contact will not be included in the partner count for the invoice.
9. None of my information has changed; can I just pay the renewal?
You must ‘confirm and certify’ at the bottom of the renewal in order to proceed to the invoice.
10. Why is there a duplicate information showing?
If you have refreshed the page after saving any new information, this will create a duplicate (Any refresh will redo what was just done). They must contact Membership Services to have the extras removed.
11. How can I print a copy of my Renewal Form 10-3?
Once you have certified and confirmed, you can obtain a copy of the form for your records by selecting the print option next to the confirm button.