- Membership Services
- How to Become a Member in Alberta
- Fees & Refunds
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Status & Contact Information Changes
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Internationally Trained Lawyers
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Forms for Lawyers
- Student Services
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Practice Management Consultations
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Making A Payment
The Lawyer Portal is one way the Law Society is making it easier to do business with us. Lawyers can update their member information including contact information, areas of practice and languages spoken, as well as pay all of their annual membership, indemnity coverage and business entity fees online.
How to Get Started
If you are new to the Lawyer Portal, you must first contact our Membership Services Department for your permanent login ID (member roll number) and temporary login password. Then simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the Law Society’s website and click on “Lawyer Portal” on the top-right corner of the homepage. The Lawyer Portal link will redirect you to a new login page where you will be able to login.
- Next enter your login ID and temporary password. Once you enter your temporary password, you will be prompted to enter a new password. Your login ID will always be your Law Society roll number.
- How do I reset my password for the Lawyer Portal?
Your Login ID is your Law Society roll number. If you do not remember your password, please use the ‘Forgot your password’ option. If you have too many unsuccessful attempts your account will be locked, and you will need to contact Technical Support to gain access.Your password expires every 90 days. You will be prompted automatically to change your password once it has expired.
Technical Support Hotline
If you have any questions surrounding any of the upcoming billings or using the Lawyer Portal, please contact the dedicated technical support team between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. MST at 403.541.4810. This number is for issues regarding the Lawyer Portal such as password resets, locating and making payments of invoices and assistance with completing your Membership Information Update Form. For all other inquiries, please contact Membership Services.