- Become a Lawyer
- Application & Admission
- Bar Admission Program
- Bar Call & Enrolment
- General Process
- Become a Principal
- Visiting Lawyers
- Membership Services
- Billing Cycles, Filing Deadlines and Other Key Dates
- Status Options & Contact Information Changes
- Making a Payment to the Law Society
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- About ALIA
- Report a Claim
- Group Policy
- Indemnity Levy
- Enhanced Surcharge Protocol
- Civil Litigation Filing Levy Pilot
- ALIA Board
- Financial Reports
- Indemnity Forms
- Making a Payment to ALIA
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Practice Management Consultations
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Forms & Certificates
The Lawyer Portal is one way the Law Society is making it easier to do business with us. Lawyers can update their member information including contact information, areas of practice and languages spoken, as well as pay all of their annual membership, indemnity coverage and business entity fees online.
How to Get Started
If you are new to the Lawyer Portal, you must first contact our Membership Services Department for your permanent login ID (member roll number) and temporary login password. Then simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the Law Society’s website and click on “Lawyer Portal” on the top-right corner of the homepage. The Lawyer Portal link will redirect you to a new login page where you will be able to login.
- Next enter your login ID and temporary password. Once you enter your temporary password, you will be prompted to enter a new password. Your login ID will always be your Law Society roll number.
Resetting your Password
Your Login ID is your Law Society roll number. If you do not remember your password, please use the ‘Forgot your password’ option. If you have too many unsuccessful attempts your account will be locked, and you will need to contact Technical Support to gain access.Your password expires every 90 days. You will be prompted automatically to change your password once it has expired.
Updating your Contact Information
Step 1: Log into the Portal
- Log into your Lawyer Portal account.
- If you do not remember your password, your password can be reset by using the forgot password option.
Step 2: Update your Contact Information
- Under Update Business Information menu on the left side, select Telephone/Email. This will take you to the page displaying the current information in our records.
- Add the new email address in the New Email section which appears about midway down the page. Confirm the email in the space below. Note that it is important the new email is manually entered, do not use the autofill feature.
- Select Save.
- The new email address will automatically be marked as your default email. This is the email address used by the Law Society to send out notifications. You must have a default email address.
- Select Publish only if you would like the new email to show on Lawyer Directory.
Step 3: Remove your former email address
- To remove your former default address, uncheck the default setting of old email address and click the garbage can to the right of that address.
Technical Support Hotline
If you have any questions surrounding any of the upcoming billings or using the Lawyer Portal, please contact the dedicated technical support team between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. MST at 403.541.4810. This number is for issues regarding the Lawyer Portal such as password resets, locating and making payments of invoices and assistance with completing your Membership Information Update Form. For all other inquiries, please contact Membership Services.