Save the Date: Bencher Election set for November 16
The Law Society’s Board of Directors have approved the date of November 16, 2020 for the Bencher Election. The formal notice and request for nominations will be sent to all active practising members in mid-August.
Key Election Dates:
- August 13 – Official Notice of Election and request for nominations sent to all active members.
- September 16 – Deadline for receiving nominations at the Law Society’s Calgary office is 4:30 p.m. (MST).
- November 2 – Online voting information sent to all active lawyers entitled to vote.
- November 2-16 – Voting period.
- November 16 – Deadline to vote is 4:30 p.m. (MST).
Have you considered joining the Bencher table?
Research shows that greater diversity within teams helps organizations make better decisions. Diverse teams are better at analysis, protect against bias, and are more likely to make innovative and forward-thinking decisions.
Improving equity, diversity and inclusion in the legal profession is a key pillar of the Law Society’s Strategic Plan. We encourage all lawyers to consider becoming a candidate in the 2020 Bencher Election. More information will be provided in upcoming eBulletins.