- Learning Centre
- Lawyer Programs
- Key Resources
- Legal Practice
- Continuous Improvement
- Cultural Competence & Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Lawyer-Client Relationships
- Practice Management
- Retirement Guide
- Business Continuity and Succession Plan Guide and Checklist
- Practice Management Assessment Tool
- Professional Conduct
- Professional Contributions
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Disaster Planning and Recovery
- Student Resources
- Public Resources
- Upcoming Events
- Media Room
- Latest from the Law Society
On Knowledge, Skill and Experience
1. How long have you been in practice? How many matters like mine have you handled before?
2. How long have you practised at this particular firm?
3. In what areas of law do you practise?
4. Are you a partner or an associate?
5. How much of your practice is devoted to my particular problem area?
On Time and Accessibility
6. Do you have enough time to deal with my problem quickly?
7. How quickly can I expect resolution?
8. When can we meet?
9. How do you charge for your services?
10. Approximately how much will your services cost me in total?
11. Do you provide your clients with a detailed written statement of fees?
12. Do you charge anything for the first meeting?