- Learning Centre
- Lawyer Programs
- Key Resources
- Client Relationship Management
- Communication, Analytical & Research Skills
- Ethics & Professionalism
- Equity & Diversity
- Practice Management
- Retirement Guide
- Business Continuity and Succession Plan Guide and Checklist
- Substantive Legal Knowledge
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Disaster Planning and Recovery
- Student Resources
- Public Resources
- Upcoming Events
- Media Room
- Latest from the Law Society
The Western Law Societies’ Conveyancing Protocol has been implemented in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Each has developed a real estate conveyancing protocol which is tailored for use in that province.
The Protocol prescribes enhanced standards of conveyancing practice, which will result in better service for clients.
It is designed to expedite the residential mortgage process for lenders, to ensure consumers have continued access to independent legal advice and to preserve the integrity of the Torrens land registration system in western Canada.
Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA)
Conveyancing Protocol Refresher Course (May 2006)