Danger Assessment Training
Dates: September 14, 2023 - March 26, 2024
As part of the Justice Partnership and Innovation Program, the Alberta Council of Womens Shelters in partnership with the Government of Canada is providing Danger Assessment Training to lawyers in Alberta.
The Danger Assessment (DA) tool assesses the level of danger a woman is in, including risk of being killed by a partner, and can validate experiences and help women stay safe(er) by creating a plan for moving forward. This tool can also assist those working with domestic abuse survivors to better understand the situation and how to best support survivors.
Lawyers are invited to participate in any of the sessons on the following dates:
- September 14, 2023 – Lawyer DA Training
- October 10, 2023 – Lawyer DA Training
- October 11, 2023 – Lawyer DA Training
- November 22, 2023 – Lawyer DA Training
- December 13, 2023 – Lawyer DA training
- January 10, 2024 – Lawyer DA training
- January 18, 2024 – Lawyer DA training
- February 7, 2024 – Lawyer DA training
- February 21, 2024 – Lawyer DA Training
- March 20, 2024 – Lawyer DA training
- March 26, 2024 – Lawyer DA Training
The sessions will be hosted virtually and are free of charge. A certificate will be received upon completion of the training.
Please note that registration is first come first served, as there are limited spots available for each training.