2021 Prosecution of Animal Abuse Conference
Date: November 06, 2021
This one-day online conference, held annually since 2015, provides networking and professional development opportunities for Crown prosecutors, attorneys and allied professionals across Canada. The goal of the conference is to facilitate the sharing of information and resources about animal abuse and the violence link in order to ensure that crimes against animals are prosecuted effectively and efficiently.
This year, Humane Canada™ will be hosting the 2021 conference online on Nov. 6, 2021 from noon to 8 p.m. MST.
The Prosecution of Animal Abuse Conference is a professional event for:
- Crown prosecutors/attorneys
- Allied professionals working in any field involved in prosecuting crimes against animals. These could be: animal enforcement and animal protection officers, the police, SPCAs and humane societies, law and policymakers, academics and other members of the prosecutorial community.
- Students who are currently articling in Crown/Prosecution offices.
At this conference, you will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with professionals in your region, from across Canada and internationally
- Attend live, interactive and pre-recorded sessions
- Access session recordings for three months following the event
- Connect with attendees through the event platform via text or video chat
- Hear the latest news related to violence link from leading experts
- Participate in networking activities and play to win challenges
Prosecutors and students who are currently articling in Crown/Prosecution offices qualify for free registration (limited amount, first come, first served). Allied professionals, such as lawyers, can register for $95.