2020 University of Alberta, Faculty of Law International Humanitarian Law Conference
Date: October 22, 2020
Location: Online via Zoom
The Canadian Red Cross, University of Alberta Faculty of Law and Law Students for Human Rights Club will be hosting the 2020 International Humanitarian Law conference titled Healthcare, COVID-19 and Armed Conflict on October 22, 2020. The Conference will explore the new challenges that COVID-19 presents to medical professionals in conflict zones, and the role of International Humanitarian Law in safeguarding medical facilities and healthcare workers.
This event is free of cost.
For more information or to register, please visit their website.
- 11:30am-12:15pm MDT: Intro to International Humanitarian Law (IHL)
- Optional introduction to the rules of armed conflict
- 12:30pm-2:00pm MDT: Main Event
- Panel Discussion on Healthcare, COVID-19 and Armed Conflict
- Alex Breitegger, Thematic Legal Advisor, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Hossam Elsharkawi, Regional Director, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies