The idea behind Mentor Connect is simple but powerful.
At the outset, the program matches individual lawyers and mentors based on areas of law, geographical proximity and similar interests.
In all cases, the mentee’s identity and the existence of the mentoring relationship are held in confidence and are not disclosed without the mentee’s clear consent.
The goal of Mentor Connect is to provide a valuable mentoring experience for mentors and mentees alike. We ask for an initial commitment of at least three months to decide if the relationship is working and what benefits you are gaining from it. If there is a problem or the chemistry is wrong, a new pairing may be the answer. If the relationship is working, the program continues a year. You are more than welcome to keep in touch and arrange additional meetings after that but there is no obligation to do so.
Through all of this, Law Society staff will play a supporting role by:
- Maintaining a list of mentors who want to participate in the program.
- Matching mentors and mentees.
- Receiving confidential feedback from participants.
- Responding to any concerns or requests for accommodation that may arise during the program. All participants are encouraged to indicate any special needs or requirements on their registration form.
- Administering evaluation forms to mentors and mentees.
- Coordinating training of mentors.
For questions, comments or concerns, please email Mentor Connect or call us at 1.800.661.9003.