The implementation of the Law Society’s Tribunal Office was approved by the Benchers in 2013, with the following objectives:
- Improve efficiency
- Ensure independence of all adjudicative processes
- Maintain quality and timeliness of adjudicative decisions
- Provide support to Law Society adjudicators
The Tribunal Office supports the values, ethics and mission of the Law Society, as set forth in the 2017-2019 Strategic Plan.
The Law Society will be recognized as a model for protecting the public interest and preserving the fundamental principles of justice through an independently regulated and trusted legal profession.
Serve the public interest by promoting a high standard of legal services and professional conduct through the governance and regulation of an independent legal profession, and upholding the rule of law.
- Integrity – honest and ethical behavior.
- Transparency – open and clear processes and communications.
- Fairness – equitable treatment of people.
- Competency – best practices, high standards and the pursuit of excellence.
- Independence – an independent and independently regulated legal profession.
- Respect – inclusion, diversity and equity in the profession and in the Law Society.