- Membership Services
- How to Become a Member in Alberta
- Membership Fees & Refunds
- Membership & Indemnity Program Renewals
- Member & Indemnity Certificates
- Status & Contact Information Changes
- Indemnity & Indemnity Exemptions
- Internationally Trained Lawyers
- Professional Corporations (PCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Forms for Lawyers
- Student Services
- Becoming a Student-at-Law
- Composite Articles
- During Articling
- Secondments Within Your Articles
- Bar Call & Membership
- Student Recruitment
- Forms for Students
- Indigenous Law Student Summer Employment Program
- Alberta Lawyers Indemnity Association (ALIA)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Practice Advisors
- Practice Management Consultations
- Trust Accounting & Safety
- Responsible Lawyers
- Filing Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Model Rules
- Forms for Financial Records, Accounts & Trusts
- Trust Safety: FAQ
- Equity Ombudsperson
- Fraud & Loss Prevention
- Approved Legal Services Providers
- Making A Payment
Starting in the 2019 filing year, we transitioned our Trust Safety analytics and audit services to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
This brings minor process changes in how the trust safety accounting upload and Accountant’s Report are submitted as part of the Annual Filings.
You will now upload and submit the Trust Safety Accounting Upload or the Accountant’s Report through the PwC Connect Tool (Connect Tool). As all law firms are required to use the Connect Tool for their Annual Filings, the Responsible Lawyers at your law firm will automatically be enrolled in the system and set up with an account. An email will be sent directly to all Responsible Lawyers with their username and temporary password.
We will no longer accept data through the secure file sharing site Accellion.
Generating electronic trust accounting data
Your law firm is required to submit electronic data in a standard format to allow us to verify compliance with trust accounting requirements. Currently, there are ten approved trust accounting software vendors:
You can use any of the ten approved software vendors to generate trust accounting data before uploading it to the Connect Tool. For more information about the approved software vendors, we have created the following user guides and tutorial videos for you:
- Trust Safety Accounting Upload User Guide – PC Law and SFTP Software
- Trust Safety Accounting Upload User Guide – EsiLaw and SFTP Software
- Trust Safety Accounting Upload User Guide – EsiLaw 360 and SFTP Software
- Trust Safety Accounting Upload User Guide – Clio and SFTP Software
- Trust Safety Accounting Upload User Guide – CosmoLex Software
Using the Connect Tool
As part of your Trust Safety Annual Filings (Annual Filings), the Trust Safety Accounting Upload or the Accountant’s Report must be uploaded and submitted using the Connect Tool and not the Accellion file transfer site.
Note: You should have received your login information directly from PwC via email. If you did not receive two emails with your login information, or if you did and are still having any issues logging in, please contact Trust Safety immediately at the general Trust Safety email or call 403.228.5632.
To log in to the Connect Tool:
- Once you have your username and password, go to the Connect Tool login page.
- Follow the prompts to reset your password and set up your account.
- If you have not prepared your electronic data upload or Accountant’s Report yet, log out of the Connect Tool and return using the link above when you are ready to submit your upload.
For additional help using the Connect Tool, we have created the user guide and video tutorials below: